, located about 40 miles from the center of Abha
, is a now deserted village that seems to hang from a 1000 ft cliff face, above terraced fields and a wide valley. Hence its name - "the hanging village". When the village was inhabited, people and supplies were lowered to the village from above by means of ropes attached to iron posts. Habalah
was the site of the first cable-car system in the Kingdom.