For administrative purposes, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is divided into 13 regions. Below, we list the regions and the cities in which the administrative headquarters of each region are located.
REGION and LOCATION OF REGIONAL HQ
- Riyadh Region: Riyadh City
- Makkah Region: Holy City of Makkah
- Madinah Region: Holy City of Madinah
- Qasim Region: Buraidah City
- Eastern Region: Dammam City
- Asir Region: Abha City
- Tabouk Region: Tabouk City
- Hail Region: Hail City
- Northern Border Region: Arar City
- Jizan Region: Jizan City
- Najran Region: Najran City
- Al-Baha Region: Al-Baha City
- Al-Jouf Region: Sikaka City
Each of these regions has a Regional Governor with the rank of Minister who is responsible to the Minister of the Interior. The structure of regional government and the composition of the regional governing bodies and regional councils is clear evidence of the Kingdom's determination to increase the involvement of the citizenry in the government of Saudi Arabia while maintaining stability and continuity.